Frances Dowell Story

A while back we worked on making stories and we got an author to help. Her name is Frances Dowell.  She is an author in Durham, North Carolina. She wrote Dovey Coe and many more books.

My story is called Trip to a New Galaxy. It’s about this group of people who are trying to live together in a different planet but get knocked off course and crash in a weird planet and have to try to escape. Frances Dowell talked online with our class room to help us improve our stories.

She taught us what to put in our story like the opening scene, sticks and stones, and more. Sticks and stones are little problems that happen in the story. I took the things I learned and put them in the story. For sticks and stones I added a monster that eats up all of the materials.

She also gave us feedback. Mine was to add a little bit more details which really helped!  It felt good making a whole story from scratch and getting help from a real author! I’d like her to know that this experience encouraged me to write more stories.

Here is the link to her website!
https://francesdowell.com/

Published in6th Grade

Be First to Comment