Stock Market Project

A while back we did a stock market project. The stock market is an online market that you can invest in companies and if they did good they would go up. You can invest money in them and if the price goes up and you sell the stock and you can make lots of money. Well my class did a project like that where we invest in companies and have a money limit of $20,000. Of course we didn’t have real money, we just pretended but it was still fun.

First we made a spreed sheet. This helps keep track of your stocks. Thanks to Mrs Sprague we got it set up and ready. We made it so that all we need to do is insert the price of the stock and then it automatically calculates the price. Then we started investing are “money”. I invested in Apple, Disney, Tesla, and Target. I thought these were good things to invest in but the stock market can deceive you. All these stocks keep on going down and I got -2345. Not the best as you can see. The trick is to invest in companies that are in need, for example electricity or oil. We also got to name are “company name” too. It was fun naming it. A lot of people did something that rhymes. Mine was Swaminathan Stocks. It was fun investing in stocks and it was good practice for when we would actually do it when we’re older. This was a fun experience even though my stocks didn’t go so well. Also, thank you Mrs. Sprague for helping us do this!

Published in6th Grade

Be First to Comment